Friday, December 4, 2009

Time for a Refresher

Over the course of my Independent Studies' Career, I have lived, learned, and retained. I have interviewed local political officials in several states, talked to multiple government bound graduates, and attended many work sessions and City Council meetings. With all of this said, I have taken some time away from my blog to dissect what is poor and implement the necessities. Keep in mind that this blog is not only for your amusal, but it is my product that I want to see grow. I need this to reflect my passion and persistence for delivering what is important to those reading this and to my intended audience: my generation.

Brainstorming for several weeks, I have concluded that local government is affecting our every day lives, habits, and activities more so than the President ever could. Thus, my focus will be towards the ignorance of my generation. I want my peers to know that change is easily accessible if they reach out just a bit further. I have decided to shorten that reach by giving kids ways to get involved with local politics. This can entail hosting events, putting up signs, supporting a local campaign, or joining a district party. Yes, I will still cover stories of importance on national levels, but I do not want my blog to be intimidating. I'm delivering the message of, "If I can do it, so can you." I feel as though it is up to me to induce this change, and I have taken on this challenge.

Taeler De Haes

1 comment:

  1. Now you have picked a target and taken aim. Pull that trigger and show people how much power you're packing!!

    ReplyDelete